The purpose of this page is to provide a one-stop portal for all things standards-based grading.
Suggestions and submissions for this page may be sent to Matt Townsley.
- What does the research say about standards-based grading? [Townsley & Buckmiller white paper]
- A comprehensive list of scholarly standards-based grading articles [Frequently updated]
- Reassessment in SBG without going crazy
- Frequently asked questions about reassessment in standards-based grading
- Standards-Based Grading videos [Click on “discipline-specific” to see voice over videos of practitioners explaining their SBG implementation]
- Des Moines Public Schools (Iowa) grading page (including video testimonials from teachers)
- Sample secondary grading guidelines
- Sample elementary report cards
- Secondary SBG in Iowa (searchable database)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is standards-based grading?
- If homework does not count towards the final grade in SBG, will students still complete it?
- How does a teacher/school convert SBG to letter grades in a secondary setting?
- What are the similarities and differences between standards-based grading (SBG) and competency-based education (CBE)?
- Do high school students experiencing SBG receive a fair shot at college/university admissions?
- Facebook: Standards-Based Learning and Grading group
- Twitter: #sblchat archive [via Garnet Hillman]
- Google+: Standards-Based and Specifications Grading group